May 23, 2014 - A Sun Link Milestone
8 of 8 Streetcars Delivered: The Fleet is Complete
- 8 of 8 Made in America Sun Link streetcars manufactured by Oregon Ironworks/United Streetcar now delivered to Tucson.
- Tucson’s Sun Link fleet is complete.
- A team of representatives from the City of Tucson, RTA, and technical consultants has been involved in the oversight of the design, manufacturing and testing of the Sun Link streetcars for more than three years.
- Each Sun Link streetcar:
- Is all electric and uses no fossil fuel
- Is customized for a desert environment – with four air conditioning units
- Has on board cameras for safety and security
- Friday, July 25, 2014 the sun will rise on the start of Sun Link passenger service. Event info will be coming to Sunlinkstreetcar.com.