On Sunday, March 3rd, the public is invited to attend a special performance onboard the Sun Link streetcar in celebration of the Tucson Festival of Books. Local children’s entertainer, Mr. Nature, will travel with passengers to the festival and engage with interactive music, storytelling, and fun for all ages along the way. Performance details are as follows:
• 9:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Arrive at the Avenida del Convento and Congress streetcar station, located across from Mercado San Agustin. Board the streetcar when it arrives.
• 9:30 a.m. – Streetcar departs the station and performance will begin. Mr. Nature will exit at the 2nd St. and Cherry stop and make the short walk to the festival.
• 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Story time every half-hour with Sun Tran staff (Booth #228A).
• 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Meet and greet with Mr. Nature (Booth #228A).
If boarding from another eastbound streetcar station, passengers can find the performance through updates on Sun Link’s Twitter and Facebook page, on the Tucson Streetcar app, and by following the hashtag #MrNatureExpress.
Ride Transit to Festival of Books
The Sun Link streetcar and Sun Tran buses will have regular weekend service to provide a convenient and cost-effective travel option to the Tucson Festival of Books taking place Saturday, March 2 & 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Several Sun Tran routes and Sun Link stations serve the University of Arizona campus and are only a short walk to the festival.
Sun Link stations include:
• University Boulevard/Tyndall Avenue
• 2nd Street/Olive Road
• 2nd Street/Highland Avenue
• 2nd Street/Cherry Avenue
Sun Tran Routes include:
• Routes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 15
Passengers have several options for traveling to and from the event. SunGO Tickets can be purchased at any one of the Sun Link streetcar stops, a transit center ticket vending machine, any SunGO Sales Outlet, or on the GoTucson Transit app. A SunGO ticket or pass is valid on Sun Tran and Sun Link.
Passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and purchase their fare prior to the event. Children five years of age and younger can ride free with a paying passenger.
For Sun Link route and schedule information, visit sunlinkstreecar.com.
For trip planning assistance or additional information, call the Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (for persons with hearing and speech impairments, call TDD: 520-628-1565) or visit suntran.com.