On New Year’s Eve, everyone can ride the Sun Link streetcar for free all day, sponsored by the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl. The free streetcar service begins at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, December 31st and ends at 2 a.m.
The free rides provide convenient travel to the Arizona Bowl game, and offer a safe way to get to New Year’s Eve events, including the Downtown Bowl Bash. The Arizona Bowl game day event schedule is as follows:
• 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. – Desert Diamond Casino Tailgate Festival, located on the University of Arizona
mall (Cherry/University Blvd).
• 2:30 p.m. – Arizona Bowl game kicks-off at Arizona Stadium, with the Wyoming Cowboys playing
against the Georgia State Panthers.
• 6:00 p.m. – Downtown Bowl Bash at Hotel Congress, features food, kids zone, ice skating, and New
Year’s Eve Taco Drop and fireworks.
To get to the tailgate festival and Arizona Stadium, football fans can board Sun Link and exit at one of the following stops: 2nd St/Olive, 2nd St/Highland, or 2nd St/Cherry.
Following the game, attendees can take the streetcar downtown to the New Year’s Eve Bowl Bash by exiting at the stop on Congress St/6th Ave.
Parking along the streetcar route
Visitors can find convenient parking Downtown and in surrounding districts. For more parking information, visit Park Tucson and UA Parking & Transportation Services.
Park Tucson Garages include:
• Plaza Centro, located at 345 E. Congress St.
• Depot Plaza, located at 45 N. 5th Ave.
• Pennington Street, located at 110 E. Pennington St. (entrance off Scott Ave.)
• City-State, located at 498 W. Congress St.
Park Tucson Lots include:
• Toole Lot (201 E. Toole Ave.), Triangle Lot (225 E. Pennington St.), Warehouse District Lot
(180 E. 7th St.), and Franklin Lot (50 W. Franklin St.).
Other parking garages include:
• AC Hotel by Marriott, located at 151 E. Broadway Blvd.
• La Placita, located at 211 S. Church Ave.
• UA Main Gate, located at 815 E. 2nd St.
• UA Tyndall Avenue, located at 711 N. Tyndall Ave.
• UA Highland, located at 1420 E. Helen St.
On January 1, New Year’s Day, the streetcar will run on a Sunday schedule, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., with service every 20 minutes. Regular Sun Link service hours will resume on Thursday, January 2.
For additional information, visit sunlinkstreetcar.com or call the Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 520-628-1565).