The Sun Link Tucson Streetcar was our city's largest construction project ever and it has already made positive impacts:
- 500 construction jobs created
- 1500 + new housing units
- 50+ new restaurants, bars & cafes along the route
- $63 million+ in streetcar federal funds
- $800 million invested from the private sector to-date along the route
- 8 "Made in America" streetcar vehicles
More Transit Options
- 100,000 people live and work within a half mile of the route.
- Sun Link has improved transit service, adding service frequency, hours and capacity.
- Sun Link is integrated with Sun Tran bus route and the UA’s Cat Tran system.
- The Sun Link-Sun Tran system has one easy to use, card swipe fare system.
- Sun Link is part of a regional plan that includes new bike lanes and paths, sidewalks and greenways.
- All-electric streetcar vehicles help reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Approximately 148 passengers per vehicle.
- Riding Sun Link will reduce trips by bus and personal vehicle, thus reducing congestion and pollution.